How to create an invoice
Creating invoices is easy with Invoicer.ai’s inline invoice editor. Simply fill in the fields. To see which fields you can edit, hover over the invoice and you will see the inputs appear. Information automatically saves as you enter it.
For Desktop and Tablet
Below is a step-by-step guide on how to create an invoice on desktop and tablet devices:
Add your company name, address, and phone number. This information is automatically saved under your settings page so you only need to enter it once.
2. Under the Billed To section, add your client's name, address, and phone number.
3. Once a client is added the system automatically creates a client in the Clients section for you. For future invoices, select the client from the drop-down.
4. You can edit the text where it says INVOICE. This is handy if you want to call the invoice something else, like an estimate.
5. Select the Date Issued.
6. Select the Due Date. The due date is automatically set one month from the Date Issued. Feel free to adjust as needed.
7. Under Invoice Number, you can choose to leave it as is or edit. Our intelligent system automagically increments based on the invoice number format you choose.
8. Enter a Reference if needed. For example, for a purchase order number.
9. You can also change the color using the color picker.
10. Now it is time to add your line items under the Description area. Add a name and description to your line item.
11. Add the Rate.
12. Add the quantity under Qty.
13. Add tax if needed. Notice that once you click Add tax the cursor redirects your eyes to the Tax line. Add your tax %. You can also name the tax and add a tax number if needed. If you need to delete a tax, click the trash can icon to the right of it.
14. Once a line item is added, the Line Total updates to reflect this, along with the Subtotal, Total, and Amount Due. If you need to delete a line item, click the trash can icon to the right of it.
15. Add additional line items by clicking + Add line item and follow steps 6-8.
16. Add another tax, if needed, following step 9.
17. Add a discount. One of the major strengths of Invoicer.ai is the ability to add multiple discounts to an invoice. To add a discount, click the Add discount link. Enter the $ amount or %.
You can also rename the discount text if needed. Repeat for multiple discounts. If you need to delete a discount, click the trash can icon to the right of it.
18. Add a deposit. Another major strength of Invoicer.ai is the ability to add multiple deposits to an invoice. To add a deposit, click the Add deposit link. Enter the $ amount or %.
You can also rename the deposit text if needed. Repeat for multiple deposits. If you need to delete a deposit, click the trash can icon to the right of it.
19. Add Notes. This area is useful to add notes to the invoice as well as telling the customer you appreciate their business.
20. Add Terms. This area is useful for adding payment terms, preferred payment methods, and anything else of official nature.
There you have it. Those are the steps to create an invoice on desktop and tablet devices. Try for yourself using the Invoice Editor.