Learn how to create, edit, and select clients.
Your clients, or customers, are likely the fuel for your business. They provide the resources you need to operate and grow. Let's learn how to manage them in Invoicer.
Below, we cover the following:
How to create a client
You can add clients in two ways. The first and easiest way is in the editor when creating an invoice or estimate. The second is in the client area.
To create a client in the editor, enter the client's info in the Billed To section.
1. Enter the client's name
2. Select Create new client... (or press enter)
3. A new client is created.
4. Enter the client's address and phone number (optional)
To create a client in the client's area:
2. Fill in your client's info in the New Client section.
Remember, Invoicer autosaves as you type, so there is no need to click a save button.
How to edit a client
You can edit clients from the editor or the client screen:
1. To edit a client, start typing the client's name in the name field and select the client.
2. Click the 'Edit client' text in the top right:
3. Make your edits.
4. Click 'Lock client' to stop editing. Locking is optional and only prevents the client record from being edited.
To edit a client from the client's screen:
1. Go to the Clients screen.
2. Select a client.
3. Edit the client.
How to select a client
To select a client when creating an invoice or estimate:
1. Start typing the client's name, and a list of clients appears.
2. Choose the client from the list.
You can also click the client name field, and a list of recent clients appears.
There you have it! The ins and outs of creating, editing, and selecting clients.